WELCOME! We have decided to adopt a child from Russia! God has led us in this direction. This blog is an effort to journal and share our journey.

Friday, November 30, 2007

It has begun...

How do you get a notary to the doctor to notarize his signature???
Call the bank next door and ask their resident notary to walk over and do it! (Thank You Jesus, thank you Audrey, thanks David for thinking of it!) Now we're trying to figure out when the blood tests will come back so we can ask Audrey to come over at the right time! Oh, I just remembered, next Friday I'll be in that area eating lunch with some friends. Maybe the form will be ready and I could pick it up then! Oh how great that would be!

So, we've tried to complete TWO things off the check list today. The Medical exam and the Police Letter. We didn't get either completed. The police report notarizing was wrong. I thought it would be easy, and it should have been, but it wasn't. I have to go back and get them to re-type and notarize the form. First of all, the form for David doesn't have the notary stamp on it (she forgot). I should have noticed that. But, secondly, and most importantly, the girl notarized her own signature! I don't think you can do that, can you?

So, now that my head kind of hurts from trying to figure all this stuff out, (find a traveling notary, figure out the police letter, gather the blood test results, schedule the time to have the conference call with our family coordinator, etc.) I think we're just feeling our first pains. Hmm. Trying to take everything in stride! It's a long ride and we don't need to lose our sanity just yet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you have begun...You guys are doing great!

Andrea