
Hey everyone. As many of you know, I like to figure things out. I like to try to figure when things will happen or how long it will take, and work things "just so I know", etc. So, when I heard that a family on our adoption message board got a referral early this week, I started my mental calculations. I've figured that if everything continues as it has with Russia and our agency, then we might receive our referral in 3-4 months!!! When I say 3 months, it sounds like such a short period of time and that makes me nervous, but when I say October, it sounds so deceptively far away. Time just flies by... it's already July and I feel like it should still be April!
There are so many things I have yet to do and many things I need to read, and many things I need to be aware of, and many things I need to prepare, and so much money we need to have. That's the Freaked part of me. Then, the thought that we could be visiting our child soon... well, as you might guess, that's the Excited part of me and I just know that God will work it all out.
Please keep us in prayer, and Please Please keep our child-to-be in prayer. Thanks to everyone for their prayers and support so far!
Don't forget to comment on this blog!

4 comments:
This journey is so unpredictable...I really did think I had 1-2 more months to prepare for traveling. Yikes!
God bless you as you prepare for whenever He leads you to travel to Russia :)
heather
I, too will keep you guys in my prayers, and will have the church I attend keep you guys in prayer, too.
Andrea
Same here; you are in my prayers.
yep I hear ya on the exicted/freaked part of all this. But remember that God knew all this was gonna happen sooo long ago, before you were born, so HE knows what you can handle and just trust and lean on Him because He WILL work all the kinks and "freaked" out parts. I was reading this scripture the other day and I've read it before but to be reminded of it totally blessed me. Psalm 139: 15& 16- " my frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. This also goes for your child to be...His/Her days have already been ordained and written in God's book. How wonderful is that. You guys are in my prayers! Sorry this is a very long comment, but I had to share that. Love ya!
Post a Comment