WELCOME! We have decided to adopt a child from Russia! God has led us in this direction. This blog is an effort to journal and share our journey.

Friday, August 29, 2008

The Region

We are officially registered!!! We know what region our child will be coming from!!! This was the next step we were waiting for and David and I are both ecstatic!!! I won't get into specifics but our child will be coming from the Siberian region of Russia! Very cold! brrrrr (isn't all of Russia cold... haha)

This region's recent visiting families have had to stay in country for more than 28 days on the second trip, so that's something that we will have to be prepared for. That means more money due to hotels and food and such but again, we know God will provide. I think the technology side of things are more advanced there so we'll be able to have get online a little easier and that's nice.

So what does this all mean? Well, we can now start preparing our region-specific paperwork so that when we do get a match it won't take AS much effort during the time in between trips. SOOO, I would venture to say that we'll most likely be traveling there for our first trip before the end of the year.

Woohoo!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful, I am really happy for the both of you. Congraduations. You guys are on your way on getting your little one.

Andrea

Heather Brandt said...

I'm so excited this happened for you! Start making sure you are ready to travel...just in case! Let me know if you have questions and I'd love to give you pointers on this next leg of your journey.

heather
www.russianblessings.wordpress.com

Amy Riccio said...

I think it's so cool that your child is going to come from Siberia!! Nick and I have both had a weird heart connection with Siberia ever since we saw a missionary from there about 5 years ago. Coolness! Literally!

Josh and Julie said...

So excited for you guys! Who knows we may meet over there in Siberia with us being registered in July! Praying for you as you prepare for a referral.

~Brenda said...

Your first trip by the end of the year; this is wonderful news!