WELCOME! We have decided to adopt a child from Russia! God has led us in this direction. This blog is an effort to journal and share our journey.

Friday, June 19, 2009

Jack turns 22

... months, that is. The way time is flying, I don't think 22 years is too far away. :(
He's doing great! I've been getting lots of hugs lately, which is awesome! When we're at the store, and he's in the shopping cart, he says hello to everyone who is in the vicinity. Basically he's friends with everyone and when they turn away, or we ride off, he says 'bye' and waves. At first I wondered if he knew I was different than everyone else. Yesterday's trip gave me a huge relief. We were standing in line and I was near the register at the end of the cart with Jack in the seat facing the woman behind us. I was putting stuff on the counter when I turned around to check on him and how he was interacting with the older woman. He was leaning back toward me, smiling and wanting a big hug. Seems he was a little embarrassed by the woman, who was very nice, and wanted to prove something to her. She then said "he wants me to know who his mommy is". The woman had no idea how wonderful her words were. Can you believe my emotions at that moment! My eyes are watering as I'm writing this. How awesome! Jack is my little boy and (most of the time) I'm his mommy! Woohoo!

4 comments:

Gabriella said...

Ha Ha, that is sooo sweet. I can totally see how that would be a huge relief and great feeling (what the woman said). Its good to know he "knows" you (Mommy) and your not just one of his "friends" he waves at or hugs. Happy 22 "months" Jack! I see he is crawling on something? ha ha!!! Adorable!
Love,
Aunt Gabby

Anonymous said...

How cute and sweet.. That was a nice lady to point out to you that she could see that you are Jack's mom..

WOW, time has gone by 22 months. Before you know it, you guys will be celebrating his 2nd birthday... I, already have something for his birthday.

Cousin Andi

~Brenda said...

I see the tree and monkey on the wall in Jack’s room; you are so creative and I imagine Jack likes looking at that! Jack is 22 months old; wow! Believe me, the time does fly by! I am so happy that the woman in the grocery store line said what she did. God knew just what you needed to hear at the time.

Amy Riccio said...

MOST of the time your his mommy. Michele, you ARE his mommy. God chose you to be his mommy since the day he was conceived! You are his mommy all the time!! YOU'RE A MOM!