WELCOME! We have decided to adopt a child from Russia! God has led us in this direction. This blog is an effort to journal and share our journey.

Monday, December 7, 2009

This is funny - to us...

So Jack has been in a great mood all day. We got to visit with Jack's Aunt Sarah and Uncle Jon, along with Grandma and Grandpa and then we did some shopping. Jack talked up a storm. Every day he says something unexpectedly funny and makes me laugh. He's very tired tonight and so he's more determined to get his own way. He was trying to close a door that he shouldn't have and it bounced back and hit him in the side of the head. He fell down and immediately said "mommy kiss it" and came my way, then as I was getting him he said "daddy kiss it" so daddy did. To our amazement he turned around while walking away and said in a low, calm voice, "Thanks."

The other day I was vacuuming down his hallway and he couldn't get into his room. As he tried squeezing through he said "Excuse me!" (didn't know he knew how to apply that one!)

We were also trying to get him to eat some dinner, which usually isn't too difficult. He decided he wanted to call his cousin, Bella. David had already been talking on an imaginary phone so he 'dialed' the number and I (secretly) answered. Apparently I sounded just like her because he was surprised she answered (as was David 'cause he gave me a funny look and said 'how did you do that?'.) David asked 'Bella' about their trip to Disney and if she gave Minnie mouse a hug. I didn't want the conversation to end with a 'yes' so I just said "no, I was scared." David suggested they pray for Bella and Jack closed his eyes tight, said "help Bella, Amen". Then he said "Bella all done scared."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is to funny (LOL)! Jack just gets cuter and cuter each day! I am amazed the things he says.. He is a smart child!

Thanks for sharing the latest news.. See ya soon.

Gabriella said...

HA HA HA Super cute!!! He is growing so much lately and says the cutest things. Sunday after church as we walked around waiting for the meeting to start I noticed a lot of new things with him. It was so neat!!! He is just maturing quite well!
Very awesome how he put together "excust me". That is amazing!!!

~Brenda said...

Thanks for sharing these cute stories with us; Jack has good manners and knows how to pray.
Both will hold him in good stead as he grows.

BTW, Jack is adorable!