WELCOME! We have decided to adopt a child from Russia! God has led us in this direction. This blog is an effort to journal and share our journey.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Jack and Josslyn

Last Saturday night we were able to visit David's youngest brother and family at their home. Jack finally got to meet his newest cousin - baby Josslyn. He's only been to their house once before so he was more interested in scoping it out than hanging with a baby who didn't know how to play with him. :) Still, we tried to get him interested and asked him to kiss her 'softly'. He quickly made the noise - moowhah - and that was that. We asked him to keep doing it so we could take pictures, but he didn't really get why he needed to keep kissing her. Funny.
This coming Friday is our 1 year post placement report visit. Our social worker will come and get an update on how things are going with Jack. I can't wait for her to see how far he's come. He loves to make up stories and thinks up the funniest things. He also likes to say things like 'amazing' and 'awesome'! I think his favorite word lately has been 'humongous' (he says it low and slowly builds up volume until it's heuuumuuuungus!) One morning when we were driving to my parents house I asked him about Nonno (grandpa) and said "is he drinking milk right now?" Jack said "noooo, coffee". I said "is he eating waffles?" to which he said "nooo, bread and cheese!" Hu! Didn't know that one. I'm so proud of how far he's come and I can't wait to hear what he comes up with next!

3 comments:

Heather Brandt said...

Congrats on it being your 12 month anniversary with Jack! He seems to be such a smart cookie!

heather
www.russianblessings.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Yes, congrats on your one year anniversary with Jack. He is a cutie, and can't wait to see him in the near future. I am glad he likes his new little cousin.

~Brenda said...

Let me be the 3rd to congratulate you on your one year with Jack; and what a year it has been. You are wise in keeping a blog of what Jack says and does; this will be an enjoyment in years to come. Jack is too cute in the pictures with Josslyn.