WELCOME! We have decided to adopt a child from Russia! God has led us in this direction. This blog is an effort to journal and share our journey.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Too Many Words!

That sums up my feelings for this very beginning step of this process. Pages of agreements to be read and signed. Information to be read and understood. Good thing David doesn't mind reading.

So, we got home late on Saturday night and checked the mail. There it was! The envelope I've been waiting for. I was concerned that if we didn't receive it on Saturday, that I would then have to wait until Tuesday (due to no mail delivery on Veterans Day). But, thankfully, it came.

Weird thing is that I'm kind of feeling overwhelmed (too many words) and I just don't want to get into it. Maybe because the last 2 and a half days have been full (but great) and I'm kind of mentally tired.

Well, that's the latest!

3 comments:

The Mom said...

I don't know if this will help you at all, but when I have a LOT of stuff to read that might seem overwhelming, I just take it one page at a time, and I read it out loud. It helps me to concentrate and to digest and savor what I'm reading. Sometimes I'm even a bigger dork and a read it with different accents. Haha!! Do you have to send any of this paperwork back? Or is it just information for you?
--Amy

Michele said...

Thanks Amy. I might actually try the different accents! Sounds fun! It's basically contracts and forms that we'll need to send back along with the first agency fee payment.

The Mom said...

Just think of this as the "not so fun" part of pregnancy. Haha.

Wait. There ARE no fun parts of pregnancy!

--Amy