WELCOME! We have decided to adopt a child from Russia! God has led us in this direction. This blog is an effort to journal and share our journey.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

We're Bookin'...

We're movin' now! I've typed up the checklist that came with our Home Study packet and checked off the ones we've completed so far! We've finished 13 of the 21 items and I'm hoping we can check off at least 4 more by Friday afternoon! That leaves only 4 after that, 3 of which we have to wait for someone else to complete!

Now, this list is what David and I have to complete. The Home Study will actually be complete when the social worker receives the certificates from the state and also when she has completed the home visits.

We've already scheduled our first meeting with the social worker. I'm not sure if it counts towards the total of 4 that we need, but I think so. It's the orientation meeting. Two weeks from yesterday (Monday). woohoo!

We're still waiting for our Dossier Guidelines packet, which has a ton more items. Some of the items we need for our Dossier are the same as for the Home Study, so that's less that we have to get done then!

Also, I want to send out a shout of thanks to those who have placed cookie orders! Thank you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is great, just keep on goin!

Andrea