WELCOME! We have decided to adopt a child from Russia! God has led us in this direction. This blog is an effort to journal and share our journey.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Already???

With extreme pleasure I announce to you that
we have received a referral!!!
(in other words, we were matched with a child)


We got the incredible, jaw-dropping news last week when it was confirmed that we were registered in the region (see a couple of posts below) but before posting about it we wanted to spend some time listening for God's direction as to whether we should accept the invitation to visit the child.

You want the scoop on this precious one? We can't say a whole lot because of Russian laws on privacy but here's what we feel comfortable sharing. He's an adorable boy and is about a year old. Sorry, that's all we can say!!! You wouldn't want us to get in trouble, would you?

We are hopeful as we prepare to visit him in Siberia. We are super excited! We are also listening very closely for God's leading as we will have to ask several questions regarding his health and medical history. We know God is Faithful and we are trusting that He will give us the unmistakable peace as to whether this little one should become a part of our family. Please pray with us about this huge, life altering decision, as we must hear God's voice.

We'll post the travel plans as soon as we find out what they are, but know that we'll be flying out probably in a week or so. Crazy! Again, please pray for our trip and for the decision that we must make once we meet this precious little boy. God is so good!

3 comments:

Heather Brandt said...

I will continue praying that God will confirm for you whether this is indeed the baby He has planned for you! I am so excited you get to travel to Russia soon. Yes, please be careful of what you post here. I chose not to put our region's name on our site on advice of our agency.

God bless,

Heather

Amy Riccio said...

OH MY GOODNESS! WOW! WOW! WOW!!

I'm praying for you guys! WOW! EXCITING!

Anonymous said...

WOW! How exciting for the both of you. I am so happy for the both of you. I am still keeping you guys in my prayers as you leave soon to see your little boy. When you do see him, hug him for me, as my new little cousin.

Andrea