WELCOME! We have decided to adopt a child from Russia! God has led us in this direction. This blog is an effort to journal and share our journey.

Friday, September 12, 2008

..On a Jet Plane...

We received our itinerary for our visit to Russia! We're heading out next Friday, the 19th, and we'll be returning on Wednesday, the 24th. Whirlwind trip! We'll get to meet the little guy right in the middle of it all.

We've taken care of the big stuff, that we know of so far, and now it's time to get down to the nitty-gritty and start the hard-core packing process. It's pretty cold over there, ranging from the 30s to the 60s. Brrrr. Coats and layered clothing a must! My nose always turns red in the cold weather so I hope he doesn't think I'm Rudolph the reindeer!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is wonderful.. That is great to hear.. We will be praying for traveling mercies for you guys for up and back. Will you guys be able to take any photos of any kind while you visit your little boy?

Congrats!
Love,
Andrea

~Brenda said...

Wow, leaving one week from today!

The time has finally arrived for you and David to meet your little boy; I will be praying for your safe travel and that you will know God’s guidance.

I am so very thrilled for you!

Amy Riccio said...

YAAAAAY! I'm so excited for you!! I really hope that you get internet while you are there to keep us all updated.

Chad Oneil Myers said...

I'm truly excited for you two! I'm glad that you guys' desire for a child is finally coming to fruition!

...This has been a year of God's provision in our lives ;)