WELCOME! We have decided to adopt a child from Russia! God has led us in this direction. This blog is an effort to journal and share our journey.

Monday, September 21, 2009

New Wheels

My parents and sister came over for dinner last night and my mom brought over a yard sale find for Jack. It was this adorable little tricycle for THREE bucks! It is the Roadmaster! It's metal and a little rusty but who cares! He immediately wanted to see what it did and so we brought it to the back porch. He knew exactly what to do on it! Amazing! David and my dad took him to the front driveway so he would have some more room and I think he did really well.
My mom also noted how our home has now become Jack's. What I mean is, she noticed that Jack has taken ownership. He opens the backdoor as if it were his. (I should buy stock in windex.) He walks through the house as if it were his. He entertains people when they come over as if he were the host. For about the last month he's been role playing a ton as well. He makes his toys and animals play drums, or drink out of a cup, or he pretends with things like little plastic food. If I remember right, all these things are awesome signs of attachment. We are sooo happy things are progressing as they are. God has been extremely gracious towards us.

One of his molars has finally shown itself. I wonder when the next ones will show and I wish they'd hurry up. Seems like he's not getting as much sleep as he needs. He wakes up early from his naps and gets up early in the mornings. As Jack would say.. nah nice!

Life with a two year old is tough, especially an extremely busy one like Jack, but I'm loving it more every day! He cracks me up with his antics, his funny faces and crazy things he tries, something I wasn't sure would ever happen at the beginning of this transition. Thank you, Jesus!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use to have a little bike like this at his age, which brings back so many memories for me. It is cute that Jack has taken his little bike, and knowing what to do with it.

What is also cute, is that he has taken over ownership of your home. Opening doors, hosting while you have company over, and playing with his toys as if they are people. I can see he is very independent as you describe what he does..

Thanks for posting your update.

~Brenda said...

Jack looks so cute on his tricycle and what a great price! So happy to hear Jack is doing well with you and David; I believe Jack has blessed your lives as you have blessed his!