Warning: Lots of text...
THANK YOU GINA! I cannot say thanks enough to my wonderful sister who took a day off work to drive up with me. She was a tremendous help with directions and with the copy and packaging process. Not to mention all the laughs on the drive there and back. THANKS GINA!!!

We left home about 7:45 but didn't actually get on the road 'til around 9 am. Armed with our Starbucks coffee we finally arrived at the apostille office about 1:30. The person behind the counter looked over the notaries, said they looked good (whew!) and took everything to start attaching the apostilles to every item with a notary signature. (23 total) They charge per apostille....

We were pretty hungry and I had mapped out where a Panera Bread was and so we stopped there for lunch. I brought my laptop so I could check on work stuff, but it wouldn't let me get online even though it said I was linked to Panera's WiFi.... oh well.

Once we were full we headed to the Kinko's store that I had mapped out so we could make the 4 copies of the whole 69 page Dossier. (picture above is one set) Turns out, what I had found was just a DROP BOX! LOL. Gina called her friend who was near a computer who found us a Kinkos and then David called and was able to walk us through the directions (since we didn't have a large map of the area--shame, shame). We finally made it there and it was basically a FedEx counter store with one copier. That's all we really needed so we began the process. After a few copies, the sort tray fell off! Hmm, I tried to attach it because the guy didn't seem to care very much. It fell off again. Ugh. So, as I was making the copies I just caught every page by hand, gave the copies to Gina and she sorted everything into the 4 piles. We also were not allowed to take any staples out so it was fun trying to lift up every page and get a decent scan. Took a whole lot longer than I thought. We finally got everything stapled and packaged and brought the box to the counter to set up overnight delivery. I mentioned how this box was like Gold to me even though it was just paper to everyone else. We brought up that it was for adoption and he said his sister had adopted too! How nice! Then he told me how much it was.... $13.15... What??? That's got to be a mistake. Surely it was supposed to be more than 3 times that amount... He said it was correct and that he gave me his discount! How AWESOME! God is so Awesome!

So, we found our way back to the highway and headed home. We were both ready to get back. I pulled into our driveway about 10 pm. It was a long day but a good day and now our Dossier is out of our hands. I just checked and the box has been delivered!!! I hope everything is right!
AHHH. Someone just told me we were now "Paper Pregnant". WooHoo!

4 comments:
Michele,
I'm sorry I don't know...but am curious...which one of the women in the photos are you? I'm SO happy that you have finished your dossier! I'll pray that there will not be any need for corrections so that it can be sent to Russia soon :)
Heather Brandt
www.russianblessings.wordpress.com
Hey Michele,
Sounds like you and Gina had quite a day. WOW, I can imgaine that you guys feel relieved that this part of the journey is done. Congrats on your paper pregnancy.
Just know that we are keeping you guys in our prayers daily.
Andrea
WOOHOO!!!!
Thank God this part is finally over. Michele, you have been a real trooper in all of this paperwork collection and driving to Tallahassee. You rock!
I'm glad Gina was able to go with you and keep you company and be your "copy" helper.
I suppose that chick Gina is helpful after all...LOL. Thats great that you got all that done. Wow what a long day. God is wonderful how He allowed everthing to flow so smoothly. So you are paper work pregnant now! What are your cravings? LOL YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YGG!
Post a Comment