WELCOME! We have decided to adopt a child from Russia! God has led us in this direction. This blog is an effort to journal and share our journey.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Meet собака (sabaka)


Sa-BAA-ka means dog. So that's what we've named this cuddly little critter. If everything works out, we're hoping to be allowed to leave Sabaka, along with the blanket, a photo album and a disposable camera with our little guy.

Our Visas arrived today! (angels singing) So, we're just about ready to get going! To think, in 2 and a half days we will be boarding the plane to head practically across the world! Amazing!

We're nervous, but getting more and more relaxed as plans and packing come together. I still have some things to buy like gift bags and such for the people who will be driving us around, translating and just all around taking good care of us. The biggest issue I'm having is trying to find brand new money. We were told that it should only be new, or like new money. (Banks can't order it, stores don't have it, and I can't find it!) It's been difficult but I trust God will provide as He always does!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is a cute sababka.. I am sure all the details will come into place as they happen. Have you contacted the Treasury Department and aksing them how to retrieve new money?

You guys are still in our prayers,
Andrea

Heather Brandt said...

We ironed money...No joke....It helped. Make sure you asked all the banks in your area. Usually each bank can spare a few that look pretty new (without marks or tears).

Heather

Michele said...

We've been to every bank in our area. I'll be calling more today. I've got most without marks, tears or folded corners. The problem I'm having is the folds (down the center) and creases from crinkles. I've even been to check cashing places and every store I walk into I ask. Our bank is keeping watch for new ones also. I ironed some $1s, just to test (didn't want to mess up anything larger), so that's what I'll be doing once we have all that we can get. AHH

~Brenda said...

I have been thinking of and praying for you both and your child.

I like the photo with the blanket, dog (love the name) and visas’; great one for your album. Hope you can get a hold of new or at least like new money.

Amy Riccio said...

I'm so excitied for you guys!! Have a fabulous trip!!!!!!!!!!!!