So where was I? The last post was after we arrived in the region, right? So here's the next part. Monday morning, after making a couple of stops, we made it to the orphanage about noon. We met our little guy and he is so cool! He's got an adorable laugh and is a very happy little boy. We were warned that because he's likely not to have ever seen a man, he might not warm up to David very quickly, if at all. Instead, he went to him very easily and actually really liked playing with him. He likes to hit things and jabber. The next day before visiting the orphanage again we made the stop for some paperwork and we made the decision to "proceed with the adoption"!!!! So, we're going to be parents!
The worst part is that now we have more paperwork to complete and then we have to wait some more. The estimated time frame before being able to bring our son home is about 4 months. We're praying it will be sooner, of course.
Again, we're not allowed to share any information or pictures but I think it will be ok to show you this... Talk to you later! PaKa

7 comments:
How Sweet, This is wonderful news. I am happy for both of you. His foot so precious, I look forward to seeing him. I am glad you guys got home safely and asked for prayer for the both of you for safe travels back home during our prayer time at churh last night. Our next prayer is that you will be able to get him home before the next four months.
Andrea
Hello David and Michele,
I am so excited for you all! Mom is just full of joy as well for you. I hope to see you and your new addition when all this is completed. God Bless and you all our in our Prayers. We love you!
Aunt Bekie and Uncle Leland
I am so excited for you! Let me know if you ever want to talk about the waiting for court stage or if you have questions about documents for court. I will help you as much as I can because some of it is confusing.
heather
God has answered my prayers; I prayed for safe travel and that you, David and the little boy would know in your hearts that you were to be a family! I can read your excitement in your blog post! The photo of your hand and your son’s tiny foot is adorable; thanks for sharing this with us! Congrats on becoming parents!
By the way what does Paka mean?
PaKa loosely means bye-bye
REALLY?! REALLY?! REALLY?!
YAAAAAAAY! Look at the little foot! I can't wait to meet him!
Such a precious foot! Can't wait to see the rest of him. Hope you are getting back on Florida time and feeling rested. Can't wait to go get our boys!
Post a Comment