WELCOME! We have decided to adopt a child from Russia! God has led us in this direction. This blog is an effort to journal and share our journey.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Well, the good news is that we're next in line to get our 'petition' so that should happen any day now. (does that sound familiar?) The bad news is that it was recommended we complete the Update to our home study, rather than just do an amendment. This is where the ugly comes in, if you know what I mean.

Yes, we knew we were cutting it close with our Home Study expiring Feb. 28th. We were advised, way back in October that it wasn't necessary to go through the hassle to update the home study, probably because they thought we'd be over there by now. (so did we.) With court being as tough as it is, I understand it is best that we complete the update so everything is current and there's no chance of anything expiring while we're there. It's a high price to pay, literally, for this security. Thankfully we've been blessed with a financial gift that covers our home study update fees. What an awesome God!

So, my latest "freak out" moment has been due to a concern that this Home Study Report Update, which could take a while to complete, could be required to be submitted with the Petition. (Remember, we need the 'petition' in order to get a court date. The court date will determine when we go back.) I don't have a final answer, but we're figuring and hoping this won't be needed since it won't expire until after we arrive there. We're hoping the judge won't need it to set our court date.

Ok, you have now been updated.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful news that you guys are next in line, to receive updating news on your petition. I am sure that your current home study will go very well, and before you know it, you will have you court date. We are all praying for this to happen. Thanks for the update. I look forward to reading your next post.

~Brenda said...

Thanks for the update; keep holding on to God.

We received your note and I want to say your cards are so precious; the monkey face is a delightful touch.

~Brenda said...

I will add - Thanks for the sweet words in your card and we enjoyed visiting with you both!