WELCOME! We have decided to adopt a child from Russia! God has led us in this direction. This blog is an effort to journal and share our journey.

Friday, January 16, 2009

More Paperwork

Update: We were advised to complete one more piece of paper that extends our age range parameter, for the sake of the US Embassy in Russia. I just found out that in order to get this extra sense of security we have to complete even more supporting paperwork. With more paperwork comes more fees and more time.

We're also still looking for that pesky petition to arrive in our email's inbox. I think part of the delay has been due to their Christmas (on Jan. 7th) and New Year's (the 13th) holidays.

This past week has been my most difficult week emotionally thus far. God is so Faithful though. This scripture has really helped me so I thought I'd share:
Psalm 29 (the whole chapter is powerful but here are the last two verses)
10 The LORD sits enthroned over the flood; the LORD is enthroned as King forever.
11
The LORD gives strength to His people; the LORD blesses His people with peace.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How long do it take to get the paper work into the agency? We are still keeping you guys in prayer.

Josh and Julie said...

Pesky petition, I like that, though I don't like waiting for it. Keeping you in my prayers!

~Brenda said...

The other morning when I was praying for you, David and Jack; I felt to pray for you emotionally and I did. So, glad I obeyed Him. I have just read Psalms 29; very encouraging scripture’s.