WELCOME! We have decided to adopt a child from Russia! God has led us in this direction. This blog is an effort to journal and share our journey.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

First Resurrection day in America

We had a great day today. It was Jack's first experience in church and he did relatively good. He hung out during praise & worship music and then after that had to go to the nursery since sitting still wasn't really an option. David and I took turns.

A big thanks to Jack's cousin Luca for letting him have his old clothes. He looked very spiffy in his cool threads. Thanks Zia Joanna for sending them down! We might not look as good if it weren't for you!

After church we went over to David's parents' house along with my family for a nice dinner. Jack had a great time eating with everyone and did really good for it being past his naptime and with being around a lot of sort of new people and even a big dog. He wasn't afraid of Rocky (the boxer dog) at all and often went to his kennel to get licked by him.
God has been very good to us. On this anniversary of Jesus' resurrection, we have been reminded of our own adoption into God's family. God is SO GOOD!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, God is so good... I was wondering how things went today. Thanks for sharing on your Easter Sunday with us.. I am glad all went very well..

Gabriella said...

He is so much fun to play with! I just love that little guy! He was very much spiffy looking yesterday!

~Brenda said...

Jack looks delightful in his outfit; I’m sure this was a very special Resurrection Day in your family!

photowannabe said...

Happy Easter and I like how you brought out that we are all adopted into God's family. Amen to that and Jack seems to be full of joy and I believe God placed him in the right family.