
We finally arrived at our home at about 1am Wednesday night (Thursday morning). The 11 hour flight went exceptionally well, considering the previously horrible flight. We had a 4 hour layover in Chicago and that didn't bode well with Jack. About 2 hours into it he started getting cranky and before we got on the plane it was tantrum time. Thankfully when we got on the plane he only complained for a short while before falling asleep and that's when we were able to get about an hour's worth ourselves. By the time we got home we had been awake for almost 24 hours.We were exhausted but of course, Jack was way too interested in everything to go to sleep. He started playing with his toys immediately. It was cute, but the exhaustion continued. We were able to settle him enough and he fell asleep in his crib by about 3am. Of course, we crashed too. Jack slept until about 7am which was wonderful! Jack enjoyed a nice breakfast in his new booster seat which we love since we don't have to chase him around any more, or try to make him sit in a chair to eat. I took a trip to Walmart for supplies and then we ate lunch. We let Jack eat on his own and it was fun to watch. A little messy too but what do you expect from a 19 month old! :) He's down again for his afternoon nap and we're hoping all things go well with adjustment to the new time schedule. Now we're gonna try to get the house back in order.
Thanks for following along with us. I'll still post about things, so if you're interested feel free to check in again soon!
P.S. Thanks for those who prayed for Julie and her son. We crossed paths briefly at the hotel and I was able to meet him and he's adorable. His fever has broken, praise God, and they are now in their last week in Russia!
10 comments:
Thank you for sharing that Julie's son is doing better! I haven't heard from her and was wondering how he was doing. I wish we lived near by so I could have gone to Wal-Mart to get stuff for you. We were blessed when an adoptive family stocked our fridge with some groceries (including things they new a toddler would eat having just adopted 2 from Russia). Know I'm sending lots of prayers your way as you try to get Jack on a schedule and as you try to help him acclimate to life in his forever- home.
heather
www.russianblessings.wordpress.com
It is good to see you guys back home. I can see that Jack is enjoying his new toys. I am glad you guys got home, safely.
Thank you for posting and sharing how your flight went and arriving home. How does Jack like your dog Chilly?
I look forward to any future post...
Thanks for letting us know how your flight went and that you were able to get some rest; and made it safely home. Jack is blessed to have you & David as parents! He looks so adorable playing with his toys; children love to explore and learn about their surroundings.
I am praying the adjustment to your home and the American lifestyle goes well. Thank you so very much for having a blog about your adoption process; it has been an education to Russian culture, an unbelievable amount of paperwork and the many photos along the way have been great – especially the ones of Jack.
I will check back to read more about your precious little boy! God is so good!
Welcome home! Jack eats so well! I especially like his apple juice chunks...lol. See ya!
So glad you are back and can now start your new life together. Thank you for sharing your journey with us! Ryan and Amy Yarbrough
Hey kids,
It is good to hear you are home and Look what the Lord has done. I really asked the Lord to help you all on your long traveling day home with Jack. And it sounds like it truly was a blessed day. God bless you all and I will be looking forward to seeing more of your family. Momma Gritton will be coming down the end of May over Memorial day and I hope you can get a lot of pictures with her and Starla and with every body. Have a great weekend and Easter with your new arrival.
Love ya All aunt Bekie
Hey Kids, Please take lots of pictures with Momma Gritton and the family (of course Grandpa Billy and Granpma Pat) lolo and send them home with mom. Love you guys and have a great Easter weekend.
aunt Bke
Praise the Lord! Welcome home!
So thrilled your second flying experience was better than the first! God is good!
In Christ,
Lyn Franks
Have a Blessed Easter!
welcome home!
Post a Comment