Hello everyone. We've had Jack for one week now. The time does seem to have gone quickly, though a little painfully for all involved. We've had a relatively nice day today. This morning Jack didn't wake up fully until 8am!!! Wooohhooooo! We had a decent morning with Jack having a nice breakfast as well. He took a little bit of an early nap as we were leaving at 1:00 to go on a short tour of Red Square since it was closed the first time we tried at the beginning of this trip. Jack did ok most of the time but when he started acting up our guide, Ana, spoke to him in Russian and it helped A Lot! (I jokingly considered asking if she'd like to babysit for us so we can both go shopping but she has a 5 year old of her own so it's just wishful thinking). After we got back to the hotel we ate a late lunch and tried to keep Jack awake so he would sleep through the night again. I know a lot of you can see where this is going... By 5 he was wiped out and while David was out getting more groceries and Sbarro pizza for us Jack and I had a little wrestling match and I think I won this one. I finally let him lay in the crib but I wouldn't let him doze off and that seemed to calm things down.He grinds his teeth, loud!, probably because it helps with the pain but then it turns against him and he then has more pain and starts crying. He won't let me into his mouth to really see what's going on, much less give him anything to put in there except the 3 fingers he likes to suck on. The only way we've been able to look inside is when he's crying open mouthed, or if he's in a good mood and laughing hysterically from our tickling. Anyway, Jack ate a decent dinner as well so we were happy about that. We then gave him a quick bath, let him lay down and he was out like a light! We'll see how tomorrow morning turns out.
It's actually been pretty cold here. Colder than when we left Siberia. It snowed yesterday and today but wasn't cold enough to pile up so not too much sloshing this time. That's the news for today. We have 3 whole days left here. We're praying Jack's teeth let up a little, at least until after we arrive home...
Thanks again for all the encouragement and support.
Love,
Michele

2 comments:
I am glad that you guys had good night sleep and a good day today, for the most part. Sounds like you guys had a good dinner, as well. What ever you are doing to have Jack sleep all night, keep doing it, it sounds like it working for you.
We'll also pray for his teeth grinding, that it will stop. Thanks for the update.. Until next time..
My love to the three of you..
That’s great Jack slept well for you the other night; I hope this continues; teething is a difficult time. Getting to visit Red Square would be very interesting and informative. Thanks for update!
Post a Comment