Hi everyone. I'm in a hurry as David is in the room with Jack. Just wanted to let you know we made it through the most horrible plane ride I've ever been on. Jack was very irritable from the start but we made it through. We are in the hotel and we're all tired but moving forward. Everything is going well. The doctor visited us in the hotel and Jack got very high marks. An answer to prayer really. The doctor also confirmed Jack is cutting molars and he told us how to find orajel. We've got teething tablets along with other kinds of pain relievers so we're ok for now. It's still a little tough on his little mouth and he expresses it quite plainly. Please pray it works out quickly.
I'll try to write again soon but I wanted to let you know we're doing well. Thanks for all the tips and support. Our portable DVD player is coming in handy now since Jack's finally calm enough to watch a DVD for his age. He doesn't sit for more than 5 minutes, if that, but that's good enough for now.
Love you all. I'll check in again later.
-michele
Friday, April 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'm so glad you made it! yay!! Plane trips are no fun with kids, but now it's over! So hooray!
Just wanted to say that ibuprofen is the bombinator for teething pain because it is for both pain and inflammation, while Tylenol only works for pain (and never really did much for my girls anyway.) So, if you can get your hands on some of that, then it should help you and Jack!! Orajel never worked for my kids, because it only really numbed them for like 5 minutes until the gel was washed off by their saliva. Anyway, I hope he can get some relief. Kira is teething molars too. She'll have a few really bad days, and then the molar will stop moving for a little bit and give her some relief, so hopefully Jack will feel better soon if he's had a few bad teething days.
Bless you guys!
I am glad that the three of you got to Moscow, safely. I worried a bit about you guys not knowing how the plane ride would be, or how Jack was feeling. I have been praying for you guys that you would bee okay.
Orajel is that product taht I was thinking of, but courldn't remember the product name. I am glad you were able to see the doctor and that he could confirm that Jack is cutting teeth, and tha you could find Orajel and other products to help him with his teething. I, thought that was the problem.
Thanks for updating your post, it makes me feel better that you guys are doing okay... An answer to prayer. Until next time..
My love to the three of you...
I'm sorry that your flight was so awful! Our next flight to America was a piece of cake and Colin was the best child on the plane....no joke...We will all pray fervently that you all will have the same experience with Jack and that your next plane rides will be ones in which he rests and is calm.
Colin is cutting his 2 year molars, we think and he is drooling king right now. We are alternating tylenol with motrin every(giving one dose every 3 hours).
praying for you,
heather
I'm so glad that plane trip is over for you! Ours was worse than I ever could have imagined also. C ws cutting his 2 year molars the entire time we had him in Russia- no fun :0). Just like Heather, we had the opposite experience on the plane ride home to the U.S.- who would have guessed, since it is so much longer! I think C played with ice (eating it, transferring it between 2 cups, etc...) for at least 8 hours out of the 13- must have felt great on his gums- poor guy! Ice is wonderful for teething toddlers! We will pray for you and Jack... that you all can get some relief in the next few days and that your plane ride home is calm and managable.
Blessings in Christ,
Lyn Franks
So glad to hear from you and that Jack’s doctor exam went well.
Sorry to hear about your rough plane ride and Jack teething. This is rough on children to experience, although it has been many years since Chad was teething; I still remember some of what we went through.
I don’t know if manufacturers still make ‘teething rings’, I would put them in the fridge, when chilled give one to him and that seemed to help cool his mouth, along with using Tylenol.
I have the 3 of you in my prayers.
Post a Comment