WELCOME! We have decided to adopt a child from Russia! God has led us in this direction. This blog is an effort to journal and share our journey.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

DESPERATE FOR PRAYER

Please take a moment and offer up prayer for all the American families who are in the process of adopting from Russia. Many might not know, last summer in Virginia there was a father who forgot his 21-month old son in his car while he worked all day. The boy had just been adopted from Russia three months prior. The boy died and just recently the court found the father not guilty. I'll post the links below to a couple of news reports, but it is very clear that many in the Russian government are extremely unhappy, outraged really, with this verdict and can potentially halt, or prolong the adoption process if they get their way.

As you can understand, this would devastate us after already having met and bonded with who we expect to be our son. Please, please stop and fervently ask God to intervene in this situation. We were hoping to be on a plane back to Russia by end of January. At this point that doesn't look likely, and it's possible it could be longer than even the middle of February.

When reading these articles, you will be able to pick up the irritation for the situation from the Russia media.
http://english.pravda.ru/society/stories/18-12-2008/106849-hot_car_death-0
http://en.rian.ru/world/20081217/118913479.html

My heart is so heavy. Please help us pray.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us know about this situation. Of course we will keep the both of you in our prayers.

~Brenda said...

I know that our GOD is MIGHTIER than the Russian government.
HE can move on your behalf. I pray for you, David and Jack and will continue to do so.

Heather Brandt said...

I want you to know that I have talked to a family in the same region who is returning for court this month. They met their son after you all met yours so their wait is shorter. I guess what I am trying to say is so far referrals and court dates are still coming out of your region so please keep praying and trusting. I don't think that is why your petition has not arrived. Lately, ours(from our agency) have been coming at closer to 4 months to 4 1/2 months after 1st trip.

heather