WELCOME! We have decided to adopt a child from Russia! God has led us in this direction. This blog is an effort to journal and share our journey.

Friday, January 11, 2008

I'm bummed...

You know I sent our last piece of paperwork to our Social Worker the other day. She got back with me and due to their annual audit next week, the soonest she can schedule a visit would be the last week in January. *sigh*

She also said she was going to contact a contract social worker to see if she could get someone here sooner. I hope that works out but I also [mentally] know that it will all happen in God's time. I'm just a little frustrated because I know that the form that is dependent on the Home Study report could take up to 3 months to come back. That just pushes everything else back too.

Again I say... God is in control.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right, it is in all in God's Timing. Just ask the Lord to give you guys the peace that you need that this will go through with no problem. Claim it!

Andrea

Josh and Julie said...

Hey, I've been following your blog from our agency yahoo group and totally understand being bummed. I thought we would have our dossier in already, but waiting on the hs report has been hard. We get it today though so we will apostille next week! Hang in there, God is in control.

Michele said...

Thanks Julie. I'm so glad you commented. Yay for the hs report for you!

Gabriella said...

Hey sister dear....don't be bummed. Everything in God's time. Just try to remember everytime something like this happens, that God knew it was going to happen and He is going to work EVERYTHING out for the good. Love ya! Smile!! Gods time is the BEST timing.

David Pentecost said...

This whole process can be very frustrating and quiet annoying. I guess this is where patience really comes into play. The trouble is that I'm too impatient to be patient.

Uncle Jonny said...

jDon't be bummed and don't worry...be happy...!!! Everything is working out in God and little Jr. time. Love you guys!

Uncle Jonny