WELCOME! We have decided to adopt a child from Russia! God has led us in this direction. This blog is an effort to journal and share our journey.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Court said DA!


We have just returned from our court session. We were told it was unusually on time, unusually fast, and not a bad experience at all. We appreciate all the prayer as we know God had ultimate control. Soooo, after everything was said and done, the judge stood up and said "Congratulations, I approve you as parents to this child". That was that!

We are thrilled and excited. We are also happy this is now over with. We were told we will pick Jack up next Saturday the 28th so we look forward to that!

Thanks again to everyone for their prayer and support. I'll fill you all in as the days go by. We get to visit Jack tomorrow!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the three of you.. I am very excited that the judge approved your adoption. You are right, God is in control. We look forward to your next update.

Love to the three of you...

Heather Brandt said...

I'm so happy for you both! I can't wait to see photos of your sweet boy once you have custody of him or after you are back in the U.S. (I can't remember which you decided).

Let me know if you have any questions about getting ready for Jack. We stayed in the cheaper room and were just fine,btw.

God bless,

Heather

Chris Goeppner said...

Congratulations guys! What a relief, huh? Now the waiting begins...
So happy for you!
-Penny (Mom to Roman and Jadon, adopted from Kras)

The Eisenga's said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you. I can't wait to see pictures of your little guy, AT HOME!

Nicole said...

Congratulations!!! It must be such a wonderful feeling! Now your last wait in this long process:))So happy for you!
Nicole Daichendt (AWAA)

~Brenda said...

The smiles on your face say it the best! I am so very happy for the three of you!
God answered everyone’s prayers; God is so good! Along with everyone else I am looking forward to seeing pictures of Jack!

Amy Riccio said...

Oh hooray!!!!! Praise God! Your pregnancy has finally come to an end! David and Michele are a Daddy and a Mommy!! Congrats you guys!