WELCOME! We have decided to adopt a child from Russia! God has led us in this direction. This blog is an effort to journal and share our journey.

Friday, March 27, 2009

End of day 10

I'm not sure I got all of my post titles correct but either way, today was the end of day 10 of our 10 day waiting period. Tomorrow, Saturday, we have to be downstairs at 9am to head off to a couple of different stops for yet more paperwork. This will include Jack's new birth certificate among other things. We'll come back to the hotel while our facilitator submits paperwork for Jack's passport. When she returns we will then head over to the orphanage to actually get Jack into our custody. It truly seems surreal.

Today's visit was a little tough at times, but it was still good to go. He's definitely coming out of his shell, if he had one, and we're learning all kinds of things about his personality, his likes and dislikes. He runs to us and gives us kisses and hugs. I think playing kookoo (peekaboo) is his favorite time to do this.

So, this might be my last post for a while, (at least until tomorrow night) but there's no telling what tomorrow will be like so I can't promise anything. Just continue to pray for us and I truly feel God's strength in everything we've done so far.

That's all for tonight. We're gonna get a good night's sleep, hopefully, and become a 3 person family tomorrow! AHHHHH

6 comments:

Heather Brandt said...

I am excited for you! Our gotcha day went more quickly than we expected. We signed papers quickly and ended up in the hotel room waiting for word that it was time to go...We left earlier than we expected for the baby home...We didn't get to dress Colin...And he cried and clinged to his caregiver...Once in the car he was asleep and at the hotel the tears were gone...And we did not try to force nap time on him (we'd picked him up during his nap time which meant he was awake while the other kids were asleep...)We really stuck to bland foods like they advised us and we are glad we did this so we could slowly introduce other foods once in U.S.
I'm praying that you have a smooth transition once Jack is in your care.

Amy Riccio said...

I can't believe it!! WOOHOO!! I just want to encourage you not to get discouraged, if that makes sense at all. Even as I brought both of my girls home from the hospital, I was faced with a new little person who I knew NOTHING about. I didn't know what they wanted when they cried. I didn't know how to communicate with them, and it was tough especially in the beginning as we both learned about each other. So, just enjoy every minute, and don't worry about the little stumbles along the way. Did that make any sense at all? Just want you to know that you are not alone!!

~Brenda said...

Tomorrow’s a big day for the 3 of you! Everything you have done in preparation for March 28th is finally here. All 3 of you are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

This is it....It is finally here! Once everything is said and done and you have custody of Jack, I am sure you guys will be totally relieved. Just know that your (blood) family here in the US are all praying for the three of you in every step of the way, and that you guys will have a smooth transition once you have Jack in your arms..

My love to the three of you...

Anonymous said...

How did it go? I stopped and prayed for the three of you, last night (around 10 p.m.) that everything would go smoothly with the transition you guys would be making today. Congratulations on your new addition to your family.

I look forward to reading in gran detail how everything went from leaving the hotel at 9 a.m. this morning (your time) to the paper work, going to pick Jack up, and his reaction when you came to pick him up, and getting back to the hotel. Where you able to dress him after you got there, or did they dress him? If, not Where able to re-dress him when you got back to the hotel. What happens next?

My love to the three of you....

Gabriella said...

Michele and David,
How exciting!!! Can you believe this day has come? Mark and I are so happy for you. I love this kid's laugh! He will be getting tickles from his Aunt Gabby for sure!
We are ALL praying for you guys. This might be an adventure for Jack...he might like the change...who knows. Okay talk to you in a bit!